Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Mommy

I'm 29? Seriously? Guess I'd better enjoy my last year in my twenties. I know I will because I've got this little ray of sunshine in my life! :-) On my actual birthday we went to Hawthorne's for garlic knots and pizza. Then we came home for presents and ice cream cake.
Avery gave me a Starbucks gift card. Shawn gave me this bag...I do love tote-bags but I think this one is really more for him. The Avett Brothers are his favorite band...they started out here locally and now have a national record deal. He also gave me a watch and some school supplies that I had asked for...neat post-its and pens...I know, I'm a nerd.

Mmm...blue frosting

Saturday morning we got up early and headed out to our favorite city...Charleston, SC. We still had points from our extended stay in St. Louis to get a free night so it was a little added bonus to my birthday weekend. No matter how many times we've been here we still find it beautiful and always find a new street to explore. We spent all of Saturday morning exploring the parks and streets along the Battery. Then we headed up toward the Market and had lunch at Bubba Gumps. In the afternoon we went to our hotel and then out to Isle of Palms. We stuck our toes in the water and walked on the beach. Later we went to supper at Gilligan's and I had my favorite...fresh peel and eat shrimp.



Sitting in a high chair like a big girl!

Shawn walked out a little ways to dip Avery's feet in...and she promptly sat down in the water.
Sunday we went and explored Folly Beach. We'd never been there before. The island seemed a little older and more run down but the beach was beautiful and had lots of shells.



The weather was beautiful and it was a perfect weekend to reinvigorate us for the long stretch until spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment